Monday, August 24, 2009

Our Baby Boy


It might help to start with a bit of a background on my awesome little man, Evan. My hubby, Steve, and I welcomed our firstborn into the world on September 7, 2005. It wasn't the smoothest of arrivals. After pushing for 3 1/2 hours my doctor realized he was face up and kind of...stuck. Let's just say the first few weeks were made bearable by Percocet, ice packs, and my little one's angelic face. Did I mention he was jaundiced? That damn Biliblanket was really impeding on the snuggling for a while there. Evan was a happy baby from the start and slept through the night at ten weeks. I think parents should throw a party to celebrate that milestone! Since Evan was so easygoing and happy we were loving life as a family of three. He thoroughly enjoyed outings and taking trips. When visiting Grandpa in Hong Kong he adjusted to the time change quicker than we did! Our little guy was giggling his way through his first year. Being our first child and not knowing many friends with children at the time, there wasn't a lot of comparing going on. But soon we would start noticing things that were a little different. It would take some time for it to all add up.

No comments:

Post a Comment