Wednesday, February 5, 2014

You know you're the parent of a LEGO fanatic when:


1)  you can't help but hover over your child building a new set for fear of one wrong move.

2)  in desperation, you have bitten off a brick in order to separate pieces.

3)  you have been caught doing so by one of your kids and they have said, "you said never to do that!"

4)  you remember the joy you felt the day you discovered the Lego Brick Separator.

5)  You have been putting together a set and SWORN Lego has made a mistake and not included a brick.  You always find said piece.

6)  even if you ever do lose a piece during building, you have more than enough bricks to find a replacement.

7)  you never mix up light grey and dark grey.  Rookie mistake.

8)  you've taken your child to a Lego class, had a Lego birthday party, frequented a Lego store or made the pilgrimage to Legoland.

9)  you daydream about ways to organize Legos and search the internet high and low until you find something that works for you.  Odds are you found it on Pinterest.

10)  unfortunately, the person who cares most about keeping the Legos organized is you.

11)  sometimes during cleanup you can't help but stop to make a cute mini fig.

12)  you know what a 2 x 4 is and it's not a plank of wood.

13)  there have been day-long searches for the right piece, often a specific head out of a million yellow heads.  It usually sounds something like this: Is this it?  No.  Is this it?  No.  Is this it?  No.

14)  your child's Holiday and Birthday lists are 98% Lego sets.

15)  you have scoured Amazon and Ebay for an out of production set.

16)  it still pains you to remember how much you've paid for some of them.

17)  you vaguely remember what your dining room table used to look like before the Lego invasion.

18)  you know too well the acute and searing pain of unexpectedly stepping on a Lego brick.

19)  your child is anxiously counting down the days until The LEGO Movie premiere.

20)  no matter what, those little bricks make your child absolutely happy and that is priceless!

3 comments:

  1. What a great list. It made me laugh a bit because I have girls and I have pointed out to my husband how lucky we are that we are stepping on soft barbie clothes and not hard legos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jose Andrews is my name, Some people keep questioning God, asking him why he allowed Satan to put in the world deadly diseases, but they never know that anything happening in this life, is just for a particular reason. Here is my story on how I was cured of schizophrenia by a herbal doctor Uwadia Amneifo using his herbal mixture. Few months ago, I realized I had some problem with my system, and later on I begin to forget things easily. I complained to my doctor after his text he said just a little problem with me, but that soon I will be fine. He prescribed for me and I was taking medicine according to his prescription but my condition was getting worse instead of coming down. So I went back to my doctor after some time, he said am having issues with my brain, this continues gradually until it became worse and I was diagnosed of schizophrenia and this disease is also known as Asperger's Syndrome. My doctor told me there is no cure to this disease that I have to live and die with it. It continued for one month and my system was almost shutting down before my cousin brother came to my house to visit and broke to us the news about a herbal doctor he heard about called doctor Uwadia Amenifo. So he explained how he heard about this herbal doctor uwadia Amenifo and the kind of terrible diseases this doctor have cured. His words were very impressing and I had to give the doctor a try. We made contact with him and he said he can cure me. So my cousin made all necessary arrangement with him, and he prepared herbs and send to me in USA. I took the herbs according to his prescription and behold to cut long story short his herbs works perfectly well, and cured me of my schizophrenia. Today I am hale and healthy and evidence of my healthiness can been seen in this piece of note I wrote myself to tell the world about Herbal Doctor Uwadia Amenifo. Please if you know anyone suffering from brain disease, in a hurry contact Doctor Uwadia Amenifo on his email (doctoruwadiaamenifo@gmail.com), and his cell no is +2349052015874. I wish all suffering from brain problem quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is how to restore your hair www.kirkland.bg

    ReplyDelete